Our aim is to do everything we can to preserve the health of our surrounding forests, streams and ocean. We do this in a number of ways:
- By using 2/4 stroke engines rather than conventional 2 stroke, we reduce emissions by 80% and reduce noise pollution by 25-30%.
- We recycle plastic plant containers and wooden pallets
- By adhering to West Vancouver’s bylaw banning the use of pesticides and herbicides.
- Through regular cleaning and disinfecting of our pruning equipment, we reduce the spread of plant diseases and infections.
- All green waste from job sites is taken to a recycling facility.
We aim to prevent injuries and create a culture of safety in our work environment through:
- Safety education and training – all our employees complete a mandatory online training program
- The mandatory use of personal protective equipment.
- Making safe work conduct mandatory of our Employees.
- Making WorkSafeBC’s Prevention Manual and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation publications available to our employees.
- Investigating and recording every incident that we may eliminate unsafe work practices and learn from experience.